Henrico, Va. Oct. 4, 2022 — Middle and high school students and their families can find out more about a variety of career and educational pathways at Henrico County Public Schools’ 2022 Life-Ready Expo. The event will be held Oct. 18 at Hermitage High School.
Students in grades 6-12 and their families can explore career paths at the Expo, while talking with more than 150 employers. Attendees will have a chance to:
- Ask questions about educational requirements, compensation and future growth potential.
- Find out about career opportunities in each of Virginia’s 17 career clusters and understand the total value of their pay and benefits.
- Discover multiple ways to “learn and earn” by taking advantage of employer programs that pay for employees to attend college and receive other training after high school.
- Talk face-to-face with participating employers, government agencies and industry organizations about what their industries will need in coming years — and how you can acquire those skills.
- Ask industry and government representatives about their own paths to success.
Henrico County Public Schools Life-Ready Expo
When: Oct. 18 from 6-8 p.m.
Where: Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road, Henrico, Va. 23228
In 2019, the Life-Ready Expo was recognized for its innovative approach by the National Association of Counties. The annual event attracts enthusiastic crowds of students, families, and business and community partners from across the region. The event is sponsored by the HCPS Department of Workforce and Career Development.
Being “life-ready” is one aspect of the Henrico Learner Profile, HCPS’ blueprint for K-12 education. It emphasizes the importance of “six C’s” for students: developing quality character, and becoming effective global citizens, communicators, collaborators, and critical and creative thinkers.