Instruction for Enrolling Students in Grades 1-12

Welcome to HCPS! We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you as you and your child enroll in grades 1-12 in our schools.

Please note:

  • Only a natural parent, adoptive parent, court-appointed legal guardian or a person with a military power of attorney may enroll a child in Henrico County Public Schools. (Nonmilitary or traditional powers of attorney are not accepted.) 

Enrollment Process

  1. Click here to create an account in PowerSchool Enrollment and to start the online enrollment

  • Even with the PowerSchool Enrollment process, there are still two paper forms that you must provide to your school, if they apply to your child:  

Please proceed to Step 3 below.


  1. Download and complete the following forms and make an appointment at the school  

* Must be completed and turned in before the child’s first day of school. 


  1. Gather the following additional documents to complete the registration process at your school 3.

Birth Certificate

An original official state-issue birth certificate for your child must be presented in person to the registrar.

Proof of Residency

Parents/legal guardians must provide proof of residency plus a picture ID to verify identity. Residency documents must show the person’s name and address of where he/she is residing, see links below. These documents will also be required for a change of address*.

Immunizations and Physicals

  • An up to date record of your child’s immunizations.

  • FOR GRADES K to 5 ONLY: A comprehensive physical exam form signed by a qualified U.S. licensed health care provider and dated no earlier than 12 months before the date your child will begin school.

  • If you need a physical, immunization or a primary care practice, please visit information.

Exceptional Education Services

  • If your child currently receives special education services, please follow up with the school registrar to submit any documentation (IEP cover page, services page and least restrictive environment statement) to your enrollment. A member of the exceptional education team will then contact you.

Frequently Asked Questions